Saturday, April 25, 2009

Swoosh...

Swoosh...That is the sound of the weeks flying by. My baby girl is 4 weeks old tomorrow. She is still so tiny, so it doesn't really seem possible that she is a month old. I think she's maybe 7 pounds. Wow! I love holding my petite baby. Everyone always comments on how beautiful and small she is. Be still my heart. I love her so!



Everything is going well in the areas of sleep and eating. She wakes me up every 3 hours on the nose for her nightly feedings. Thankfully, she is a speedy eater, so I'm only up about 30-40 minutes. I've only had a few occasions where she wants to stay awake and I have to let her coo herself to sleep. ;-) I'm a pushover when it comes to letting the kid's crawl in bed with me in the morning. Jon's a little more firm about them staying in their own bed...I don't care...after he goes to work I draw them into my warm big bed if they want. It's a season of life I'll never get back and I want to enjoy it to the FULLEST. Snuggle time and early mornings naps are something I cherish...and when I see Jon draw warm Katelyn to his chest in the wee morning hours I know he loves it just as much as I do...he loves his girl...

Caleb is becoming such a good big brother. He is fairly gentle with her, however I am still extremely careful with him near her head. Big boy Toddler hands and little infant soft heads don't go well together!! He loves to kiss her and read to her. Several times a day he will say "bed" and point to sissy. That means he wants all of us to lay in bed and cuddle. How I love those times!! I feel so blessed. Some of my favorite moments are when Katelyn is nursing and Caleb gently strokes my ear or pats my back. He is such a little lover!!


Lately, Caleb's favorite story has been Jack and the Beanstalk. He loves saying "Giant!" and then roaring and then saying "Fe Fi Fo Fum!". Only it comes out "Pe Pi..." because he doesn't say "F" too well. I think it's so funny. I've read that story to him many times. I cherish each moment we spend together reading. I know the days of him crawling into my lap for a good book are numbered and I want to soak it up.


I love being a mommy to two children. Today I took the children to a neighborhood garage sale with a friend and her daughter. The weather was lovely and we had such a nice time! I look forward to many excursions with my sweeties. Life is sweet and I am looking forward to this summer more than anything else!! It's going to a precious time.

4 comments:

  1. She is so sweet!!! Enjoy this time, even the sleep-less nights, because it does go by SO fast! I want Jacob out NOW, but I know that time just will FLY by, so im trying to keep my cool! :) You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your pics, as always! I especially love the last one, of the kids "reading" on the bed. :) What a great big brother Caleb is already turning out to be. Glad you got out and had fun today with both children! Got you something today - will send it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are precious pictures!!! You are absolutely right, enjoy your cuddle time with those sweet little ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just letting you know the recipe awaits at the MTO blog!

    ReplyDelete