Nonetheless, I do love a good blog, so I'm back and hope to update at least once a week. When Caleb was born I updated my blog daily, sometimes twice. How things have changed for a couples reasons. a)facebook b) no longer do I have the luxury of doing whatever I wanted while a newborn slept the day away. I now run after a toddler while my nb is sleeping and I love every minute of it!
Katelyn continues to bring a ray of sunshine into our house we never knew was missing. She is a beautiful little girl that truly is content to just sleep or stare wide eyed at the world around her. She cries only when she wants me to know she's hungry. I thought that Caleb was an "easy" baby until I had Katelyn. Now I realize Caleb was a lot more work than I realized. However I was a new mommy, so my inexperience may have also played a role in that. :-) I feel so much more relaxed in my mommyhood. With Caleb I use to watch the clock when I nursed, complaining if he fed too much or too little. With Katelyn I NEVER watch the clock and enjoy our special moments whether they last 20 minutes or an hour. She is an incredible nurser!! My prayers for a good eater and sleeper were answered. At least so far!
Caleb is such a good big brother. Daily I see him gain more of an interest in her. He is gentle and sweet with her. However I NEVER leave him alone with her. In fact when I shower I place her in her crib and lock the door so he has zero access to her. I take no chances!
We've been so blessed by meals this pregnancy. MTO has provided 2 weeks of meals every other day and my church just called to say they would like to do some as well. Hey, no problem with me! :-) Anything that gives me more time to bond with my sweetie! Everything has been delicious. We are grateful to the Lord for his provision during this time!
The weather has started getting lovely and today Caleb and I are both sporting shorts and t-shirts! How my heart rejoices! It's been great to sit outside holding Katelyn while Caleb runs around kicking balls and going down the slide. I LOVE Spring and Summer!
I echo your love for Spring and Summer, too! It's been in the 70's here, so nice. I've got the same polka-dot pink blanket you do - it was a gift. Love her cute homemade onesie! So glad you sound more laid back with Katelyn...as is the case with second-borns, I hear! Praising God for how wonderfull you're all doing. Love you!
ReplyDeleteYay! I was waiting to see an updated picture. : ) Congrats again Shelley! They are both dear and glad to hear you are feeling a little more routine in your mommy role. : ) Amazing how much different each baby is.
ReplyDeleteGlad things are going so well. We thought the same thing about our kids...Garrett was so "easy" as a baby until we had Kate, who was a piece of cake.
ReplyDeleteKatelyn looks so sweet. I love her hair, she has a lot. Caleb looks like he has transitioned into the big brother role well. Love the pics of the kids. -Kelly J.
ReplyDelete