So, I've been without 3/4 of my possessions for the past 3 weeks and I have to say...I am LOVING LOVING LOVING it. Most of our stuff, toys, clothing, and furniture has been put into a storage unit to help our house show larger. At first it was a little weird living in my house with less, but I must say, I have learned so much in the last 3 weeks. I feel like because I'm dealing with less CLUTTER my mind has had a chance to clear and becoming more active in things like playing with my kids, keeping the house really clean (b/c there's less stuff), and really enjoy baking and cooking. Dare I say I'm ready to break out the sewing machine and start sewing, also I have a roadkill rescue chair I'm just dying to reupholster!! I'm thinking of dragging it out of the storage unit. :) I'm hoping to do a fun blue pattern and put it in my new kitchen at a computer space. (pics will come)
All this to say I feel like I have a new lease on life b/c I have LESS STUFF. Now really I don't have less stuff, it's just put into a storage unit in town, but I feel like I do, and I LOVES IT. As my friend Beckie would say! lol.
We are moving to a bigger house, so hopefully all my stuff will fit perfectly. I REFUSE REFUSE REFUSE to fill my house up with more stuff. In fact my husband was just saying he wanted to stop in at a furniture store in PA and check it out. I was like uh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's my new rule. If you want to buy or MAKE or REFAB any furniture, we must first get RID of something. I've decided I like space and light. I feel lighter and more full of joy. Does anyone else get this?? I hate feeling cramped and tight.
Really I'm just starting to take a new view on life. I can live life to it's fullest with less STUFF. Don't get me wrong, I like a trinket every now and then. But I want to live my life in such a way that I'm not always accumulating and filling my earthly house up more and more. As they say, you can't take it with you!!
Oh well. Those are my deep thoughts for today. Stay tuned for more.
And remember, Less is definitely, for sure, always, in a big way, MORE. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment