Okay, so I thought I was done with blogging. You know, too busy, not enough time, yadda, yadda...truth is...I love to blog. I like being able to share my thoughts, ideas, and conclusions of mommyhood with you. So for those simple reasons I continue my blog with a vengeance. Plus I have been thinking in "blog" lately, so I knew it was just a matter of time before I came back to this addicting land. ha ha!
So it's 2010. A new year, a new decade, a fresh start!! I took off piano lessons and Usborne selling in December to focus on family, parties, and my children...boy, it was a busy one!! I didn't earn one penny doing it either. ha ha! Didn't expect too, but I did take some serious time to consider where I want to head in the year 2010. I evaluated where I was at and where I want to be headed. Sometimes, it's important to do this. I kind of cleaned house mentally if you will. :)
I decided to go ahead and take on another piano student (that makes 8!!) and give up the Usborne. I realize my ambition for selling Usborne is not a bad one, but it pulls me in TOOOOOOOOOOOO many directions for this season of life. Truthfully I love to sell the books, but the love of my children (not to mention love of my sanity), love for my husband, and love for a hot meal at 6:00 won over the love of Usborne. :) I'm sure you get my point.
So, onto the year, eh? We kicked it off with a bang. Sis (aka katelyn) had a double ear infection at the end of December, only to be followed by her brother in the first week of January. Bless their hearts, they both had the decency to be healthy during the weeklong visit of the Fuge Grandparents and Aunt Alyssa. Caleb's health only worsened with an infection of his lymph nodes (!). Not to worry. The prescribed Augmentin is seemingly doing it's job and he is showing signs of Calebisms again. phew. :) In the midst of kicking off the new year "right" i too came down with the 24 hour dreaded stomach bug and spent some serious time getting to know the details of our bathroom toilet. Not a pretty picture. Took me several days to get back to "me" again. Now, here it is January 14 and I feel like we are all taped back together and functioning as humans again. Save the Augmentin that is chilling in the refrigerator door. It will all be all right.
Thanks daddy for staying perfectly healthy. His immune system could be bottled and sold for thousands...
So, where was I? My mother-in-law wisely says there will always be the 3 d's "dishes, dust, and duds". Keeping this in mind, my goals for the new year are to keep an orderly home, keep the pile to a minimum (you know the pile...the "PILE" everyone has in their home of paper, junk, and misc), and school the children in whatever is age appropriate. On top of which I plan to teach my 8 piano students to the best of my ability. :) I love them so.
I'll leave you with a few photos from the Christmas holidays. They were oh so wonderful and merry. I can't wait to do it again...but not for 11 months...please...I need a break. :)
So it's 2010. A new year, a new decade, a fresh start!! I took off piano lessons and Usborne selling in December to focus on family, parties, and my children...boy, it was a busy one!! I didn't earn one penny doing it either. ha ha! Didn't expect too, but I did take some serious time to consider where I want to head in the year 2010. I evaluated where I was at and where I want to be headed. Sometimes, it's important to do this. I kind of cleaned house mentally if you will. :)
I decided to go ahead and take on another piano student (that makes 8!!) and give up the Usborne. I realize my ambition for selling Usborne is not a bad one, but it pulls me in TOOOOOOOOOOOO many directions for this season of life. Truthfully I love to sell the books, but the love of my children (not to mention love of my sanity), love for my husband, and love for a hot meal at 6:00 won over the love of Usborne. :) I'm sure you get my point.
So, onto the year, eh? We kicked it off with a bang. Sis (aka katelyn) had a double ear infection at the end of December, only to be followed by her brother in the first week of January. Bless their hearts, they both had the decency to be healthy during the weeklong visit of the Fuge Grandparents and Aunt Alyssa. Caleb's health only worsened with an infection of his lymph nodes (!). Not to worry. The prescribed Augmentin is seemingly doing it's job and he is showing signs of Calebisms again. phew. :) In the midst of kicking off the new year "right" i too came down with the 24 hour dreaded stomach bug and spent some serious time getting to know the details of our bathroom toilet. Not a pretty picture. Took me several days to get back to "me" again. Now, here it is January 14 and I feel like we are all taped back together and functioning as humans again. Save the Augmentin that is chilling in the refrigerator door. It will all be all right.
Thanks daddy for staying perfectly healthy. His immune system could be bottled and sold for thousands...
So, where was I? My mother-in-law wisely says there will always be the 3 d's "dishes, dust, and duds". Keeping this in mind, my goals for the new year are to keep an orderly home, keep the pile to a minimum (you know the pile...the "PILE" everyone has in their home of paper, junk, and misc), and school the children in whatever is age appropriate. On top of which I plan to teach my 8 piano students to the best of my ability. :) I love them so.
I'll leave you with a few photos from the Christmas holidays. They were oh so wonderful and merry. I can't wait to do it again...but not for 11 months...please...I need a break. :)
YEAH! Glad to see a post! Glad you're 'back' online! Will look forward to more posts!
ReplyDelete