No, the title of the blog does not mean I ate too much for dinner. :) Although that is probably true since I still nurse Katelyn 7 or 8 times a day and have a very healthy appetite. I can scarf down LOTS of calories and still manage to continue losing weight. It's rather amazing. Hey, I'll take a size 6 pant over 10 any day. Thanks Katelyn!
Anyhow, "I feel full" because I am truly enjoying this season of life right now. It's so much fun seeing Caleb beginning to really interact with Katelyn. She's very impressed by everything her brother does and he in turn loves showing off all of his abilities! They are a precious pair, and I don't believe there's any brother/sister pair that are more in love with each other than these two. I am truly blessed.
Caleb has begun to show more interest in potty training (Thank the LORD on HIGH!!!!). Tonight we were able to get him to pee in the potty. He also asked if he could sit on the toilet before bedtime. This is the same child who has run screaming in the opposite direction when asked to sit on the toilet. Please Lord, let this not be a phase. I'm so sick of changing this 40 pound child's poopy rear. ugh. In the words of my friend Beckie, "I am so over it..." Okay, onto nicer topics...
We enjoyed celebrating Caleb's 3rd birthday at Kidzone across town. They have a fantastic facility and it was fun to see him interacting with his friends. :) He's such a little host and enjoyed welcoming each of his friend's to the party. I didn't even coach him! He's such a little gentleman.
Caleb is so helpful and polite. I honestly would love to say I have drilled him, but I haven't. He is just naturally turning into a sweet little boy. God love him. I enjoy each and every precious moment we have together. He has a tender heart and a love for 100% action. He still loves to crash, bang, and fall into things. I don't even get concerned when he falls. Is that bad? I'm just so use to it. But I know my little boy's cry and do KNOW if he is hurt or not. :)
Katelyn continues to be my easy easy easy baby. She is a good sleeper, good eater, pleasant little all around baby. I honestly think if I could have 5 more babies just like her I would. :) But we know they ain't all that easy. So, here's to hoping for 2 more just like her!
I am still enjoying crafting and sewing here and there. I have recently struck up an interest in quilting. I've enjoying piecing together a baby quilt for a close friend. I'll post pics after I eventually give it to her. Anyway, my mother in law is teaching me how to machine quilt over the Thanksgiving weekend. I'm super excited about that and can't wait to see the finished product. I'm already looking forward to my 2nd quilt that I plan on making for my niece who is due in February!! Yeah, I finally get to be an aunt. I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!
Today Caleb told me I needed to put the "spanking" away. I was a bit confused until I looked over and saw he meant the paddle. Ha ha. :) So, I hung the "spanking" back up in the closet. Every so often Caleb says his Thomas trains need a spanking. So we talk about why they need a spanking and make sure he prays with his trains after he gives them a few pats on the train butt. :) Jonathan and I are really consistent in our discipline with Caleb and I feel that it paying off quite well as I see him turning into a preschooler. It's neat to watch.
Last night Jonathan put Caleb to bed, and as always, I heard them saying their prayers. Of course I ducked my head in and leaned over to kiss him good night. He whispered, "pray mommy". Oh how it blessed my heart. He wanted his mommy to pray with him too. What a special gift it is to share prayer with your child. My favorite is when we are cuddling in his dark room just before he falls to sleep and he whispers, "I yov you mommy". It happens rarely, but when it does I feel like I struck gold. This child is seriously my heart.
Well, I could go on and on about my children, but I'll save it for another time. I hope these precious moments shared have blessed your heart. Have a beautiful weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment