Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer Ease has arrived...

3 weddings (2 out of town!)
2 Bridal Showers (one out of town!)
2 graduations (1 out of town!)
3 birthdays
1 3 day Garage Sale
1 Anniversary
3 holidays

You do the math.....and all of this with a newborn.....this list pretty much summarizes May and June for the Indy Fuges. Needless to say, all of these events have brought great joy to our lives as well as a season of change as we saw loved ones graduate, get married, and grow another year older. I feel the tides of change as I look at my extended family members and see the awesome things God is doing in their lives! I am so happy for them!

My days as a homemaker are sweeter than ever. Now that May/June madness are over, July and August are looking to be pretty quiet and relaxed. I couldn't be happier. I plan to spend a lot of time looking at recipes, sitting by the pool, and snuggling with my babies. My favorite moments as a mommy include putting Caleb to sleep at night (2 books, cuddling, and teaching Caleb to pray), nursing my Katelyn, and seeing Caleb be oh so gentle with his sister. He is tender with her and loves to kiss on her as much as I do. ;-) I cherish these moments.

The other night Caleb "prayed" by saying, "Dear Jesus (pronounced Jozees), bless Nini and Papa, Nana, Grampa...bless Uncle Wesley, Aunt KT..." and down the list he went...tears sprang to my eyes as I realized that a child as young as Caleb is already bringing his loved ones before the throne of our Awesome Lord and Savior. Caleb already displays such a tender heart for the Lord, bowing his head and closing his eyes for prayer, and regularly asking us to read the Bible to him. We never refuse! :-) Our family devotions are such a special time as Jonathan opens God's word and we make a devotional kid friendly so Caleb enjoys it. Often Jonathan and I take turns "leading" devotions (because I LOVE DOING IT!!!). The other night we read the story of Jesus healing the blind men. Caleb and I always act out the words. I'll never forget Caleb saying, "Lord, have MERCY!!". Oh, how we yelled "MERCY!!". Jon thoughts the neighbors would hear, but I could care less. I would love them to hear us doing our devotions as family! :-) What a great testimony!!

Homeschooling our children is never far from my thoughts...I suppose you could say I've already begun many practical things I will continue into our homeschooling days...how I long to raise godly men and women (right now that would be Caleb and Katelyn) for His kingdom. I feel so blessed that the Lord has seen fit to give me a husband who works hard so I can stay home and not feel the added burdens of the world, but can fully place my heart and mind into the keeping of the home.

Thanks for reading my thoughts. Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to do devotions with Elaina...you guys are such great, godly parents!

    ReplyDelete