I've noticed not every pregnant blogger likes to blog about their pregnancy. I, on the other hand, DO. :-) I figure if you don't want to read it, you won't. So, having said that...here is my "state of being" at 35 weeks of pregnancy.
My hips ACHE. My inner thighs ACHE. My tummy ACHES. I don't remember this with Caleb. But may be that's cause I exercised more with him.....oh well....next time, right?
I feel less connected with Katelyn than I did Caleb. I don't know why. I just don't have a bond yet with her. I journaled more with Caleb. May be it's because he consumed my thoughts. Is this normal?
I find myself CONSTANTLY pondering what her position is. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that she is in a tiny ball inside of me. I almost drive myself crazy trying to figure out what "that" bump is...if only I had a glass womb...
I find myself preparing mentally for 2 kids regularly. Thinking about outings, park walks, doing laundry, playing outside, naps...the list goes on...I'm not nervous. I'm just like a football player doing the plays in my head before the game. I'm a little OCD.
This week we are prepping the babyroom. I'm getting more and more excited. Jon is at this moment moving his trains out of the room. YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
I have prepared a ROMANTIC ROMANTIC getaway for me and my hubby (ALONE!!!!) in early April. It's an amazing weekend full of awesome eats, great shows, and a fabulous hotel. It's all booked and he only knows that it's OUR weekend...please Lord don't let Katelyn come early...I have prepared financially for this and I have every penny to pay cash. That's an even better feeling knowing it's not on a nasty credit card.....can we all say together "YUCKY" credit cards!!!!!!
I did it. I bought off brand diapers. Yep. Since we're gonna have 2 in diapers I made the switch to babysrus brand. MUCH cheaper than my regular Pampers. A fellow MTOer recommended them, and I have to say they aren't all that bad. Caleb doesn't care and they hold up well. So, I'm in. (I am using swaddlers in the beginning with K, b/c I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!)
I held a 3 month old in the nursery today. He fell asleep in my arms...sigh...I loved it...every minute of it.
Caleb has begun throwing tantrums and whining a lot. (I thought I was gonna get lucky). I don't love any minute of that. :-) But we are adjusting and learning how to handle it.
Sleep is annoying. I have to sleep on my left side for comfort, but only feel really great with my body pillow...trouble is I have a hard time falling asleep with the body pillow. I'm weird. I have it down to a system, but you would be bored if I tried to explain it all...
Last night I slept for 7 hours straight...haven't done that in months and months and months....must've been SUPER tired...
Okay, now I'm rambling. Must go do the dishes and make hubs lunch. Then to bed...
Good night moon.
Shelley! So glad for your good sleep. I love your rambling...You are going to be a fantastic mother of TWO!!! As for the less connection with K, it makes perfect sense. You've had Caleb to focus on now, whereas when you were pregnant with Caleb, you could focus soley on the baby in your womb! Don't feel bad about it one bit. You will bond with K soon enough. I can't believe you're 35 weeks! Talk to you soon. Love you.
ReplyDeleteShelley, I just now read this post and wanted to also confirm your feelings about not being connected with Katelyn as normal! I did worry about how I would be able to love Logan like I did Madison and seemed like I was so more connected to her during my pregnancy. When he was born, a place in my heart automatically opened and there was so much love there for him. It is a different love than what I have for Madison, but it is just as strong and just as powerful- hard to put into words!! I hear ya on the aches and pains- I was so miserable towards the end with Logan, but do not remember feeling that way with Maddy! Hang in there- it sounds like the romantic get away will be lots of fun for the two of you!
ReplyDelete