Well, this blog sure started out crafty, and soon lost it's craftiness. I'm not a daily crafter. I craft more in spurts. But I'm feeling the itch (probably b/c Katelyn is due in 5 short weeks!) I'm really into using items I already have vs. going out and buying stuff. So in the interest of doing just this, here is my first conversion.
Prepare to be amazed!
Before...
This was Jonathan's lamp as a little boy. It is very cute, but it has an obvious problem, it's appropriate for a little BOY!!!! We're wanting pink and frills here people...so here was my magic transformation...
After...
That is no trick photography people. It is the same lamp. All I did was add the bow (which I did buy, but was CHEAP!). I looked through my scrapbook paper and found the lovely pattern you see pictured here. It's just paper taped around the old base. :-) I love it and can't wait to add it to her room! Plus if I'm ever bored with the pattern, I can change it in one minute!
How's that for thriftiness??
More awesome craftiness to come!!
This is just the beginning!!!
Look great!! It's a whole new lamp
ReplyDeleteCute, love it!
ReplyDelete-Kelly J.
You are one amazing Proverbs 31 woman! LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteNOT 5 short weeks after all....we're praying for you!!!! So excited!
ReplyDeleteCute stuff. I am sure your craftiness will be stalled a little bit with sweet girl showing up early.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you were nesting and didn't know it!
ReplyDelete