Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day #2 with my sickie

Caleb seems to be doing a lot better. Well, a step up from yesterday. He woke up last night at 11pm, 2am, and 6:30am with diarrhea. ugh. Jon took the 11pm, so that was nice. And he got up with him around 7:30 so I could sleep til around 8pm. What a good hubbie! I gave him some water at 6:30am which he promptly threw up, BUT, he did have a wet diaper. Which is a great sign that some water is making it's way through that system! It's been 5 hours. We steadily been giving him some sips of water and ice chips (which he LOVES!) and haven't seen anything come back up. I'm a firm believer in the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Apples, and Toast), so we have managed to get some Applesauce and 1/2 a cup of Cheerios into him with no fights. :-) I figure Cheerios are close to toast, right? Whole grains, etc...

Anyway, I'm tired. It's intense sitting around reading books, watching Thomas on our portable DVD player in mommy's comfy bed, and just telling secrets between me and my boy. I wouldn't have it any other way...

Jon is at church. I went last week cause Caleb had a fever (honestly, this kid is rarely sick!). So he took his turn this week. I told him to take good notes for me!

Now I gotta figure out something for lunch....oops. I hear Caleb waking and he's coughing a lovely cough...which is fine as long as it doesn't precede you know what....

Thanks for praying for the little tyke.

1 comment:

  1. Scott and I also took turns attending church! It's amazing that he avoided throwing up for 2 1/2 years, for that you can consider yourself blessed! But I'm so sorry he's miserable. With that I can certainly relate. Poor guy. Hope he is on the mend today and starting to feel like his old self again soon! We leave for PA in hours!!

    ReplyDelete