Sunday, February 8, 2009

Deals, Deals, and more Deals!

With the economic downturn prices have been slashed dramatically in so many stores. This weekend I was able to take advantage of those deals!! On Saturday I took some time to myself and went to the Edinburg Outlets to see what I could see. And boy did I see!! I went shopping for Katelyn for the first time and boy did I have fun! Carter's was running their winter clearance, plus I had a coupon where if you spent $50, you got $10 off. I cleaned up. It was awesome!! Girl clothes are so much fun!! I purchased several 6 and 9 month winter clothing for her. Now if she's like her brother and grows like a weed, I'm in trouble. But I kept all the tags on and the receipts handy!

I learned on Friday at MTO that Home Depot has a spot in their paint section that is called "oops paint!" May be you already know about this. I didn't. Well, these GALLON size paint cans are reduced to $1. A $1 PEOPLE!!!! So, Jonathan and I made our way over there and I found a can of high gloss pink that I will use on part of Katelyn's nursery walls. I was pretty psyched about that one! :-)

Then while at Menard's (we like home improvement stores) we ventured into the clearance section where people make returns and then the store marks it down to like NOTHING! Jonathan found 2 wonderful windows that will be perfect for his shed project this Spring. Originally sold for $260 each (!!!), the were each only $25!!! 90% off. Can't beat that!

I will not pay full price for an item unless I have no other option. Geez. I sure wish hospital bills would go on clearance...too bad those are always full price. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Did you know that most Home Depots have a wood craft day once a month, free for kids? I take Hannah. They even give them an orange apron. They supply the wood and nails, and hammer, to make some little project. We have bird houses, napkin holders, book ends, and lots more. I thought Caleb would enjoy that. Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I plan on looking myself for some paint this spring! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found so many great deals, and had so much fun baby girl shopping! Carter's just opened a store by us and I love it. YES, girl clothes are so much fun!! Wish I could have been there with you.

    ReplyDelete