Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Very Valentine Mantle!

So, today was a wintry yucky day outside. Caleb went out to sled with the neighbor kid. Katelyn was sleeping, so I did one of my favorite pasttimes and blog surfed. Of course in the crafty blogs!! :)

I was totally inspired by so many cute Valentine Mantles that are showing up in blog land! I was determined to make a cute mantle, but for ZERO dollars, only using things I had on hand. I think it turned out pretty cute. The theme is "Jonathan and I!" What better love is there in my life!







The picture on the far right is a Poem Jonathan wrote me when we were dating. The card in front of it is one I wrote to him write after we got married. The picture is an engagement picture. Then the verse on the far left is just one I typed up and put in a nice picture frame I already owned! I found the STELLAR candlesticks in Target's Christmas clearance for $2.50 each!! Score!! Then I already had the red candles.

It's fun to decorate for the holidays! This next picture is of craft time today. Katelyn loves bracelets so I made her one out of a pipe cleaner and fun foam hearts. Very impressive, eh?? Hey, I aim to please!

No comments:

Post a Comment