Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer!!

The Indy Fuges have been living it up this summer! We are having fun doing pretty much the simple things in life. Exactly the way I like it with little ones. I fill our days with reading, watching music dvd's, playing with puzzles, coloring, (checking fb occasionally. ha ha!), going to the library, heading to the mall occasionally for an Auntie Anne's pretzel, trips to Target to look at the toys, and don't forget the occasional trip to the community pool!! I figure if I focus on doing MAJOR stuff with them all the time, sports activity's, day camps, vacations, etc...I will be overwhelmed, not have fun, and miss all the little intricate memories that my litte bambinos share when doing the "simple things".

I have never loved being a mother more. Caleb never ceases to surprise me with his growing vocabulary and creativity. The Lord seriously has some major plans for this kid! He has the sweetest, most loving spirit, and respects authority, and listens 99% of the time. He is quick to do right and as I daily work with him I'm seeing growth in many areas. He is a genuine firstborn leader. I can tell raising him is going to be a joy from start to finish. I mean, I was, right mom?? lol.


Katelyn is quickly becoming our toddler. Daily she takes more and more steps without falling. It was such a joy to witness her first steps last week. She was so proud of herself as her face lit up while standing! She works her way farther into my heart everyday of her life. I look forward to the many special mommy/daughter experiences we will share. She is also my climber. I have recently found her on the kitchen table (!), end table, and nearly on the computer desk. Can't leave her alone for too long. She looks very innocent, however she has a little gleam in her eye that will give you a run for your money.


My kids aren't perfect. But that's what keeps it fun! Hey, enjoy the rest of your summer out there! I'm very glad I don't have children old enough to start school here in Franklin on August 11th. But since I plan on home educating, we can start whenever we want!!! Yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment