Thursday, June 10, 2010

Getting back to my center

Lately I've just been short. Short tempered. Whoo. Jonathan wonders who came to live in his wife's body. It's been crazy. But alas, it rarely happens, so I'm going to chalk it up to the winds of change. This is the first time this has gone public, so here it goes. My dear husband has acquired new employment. His time at Cummins has come to an end. While it was a lovely 5 years, he is moving on. To where you may ask? Rolls-Royce. Yep. We are going north! Well, not actually moving. We're pretty happy where we are for now, but ask me in a couple years when we hope to expand our family and I'll tell you I'm ready for few more square feet. But for now Jonathan will begin commuting north to work on Aircraft engines vs. Diesel Engines. :) He is happy and so am I. He's been itching for this change for a while and finally the perfect job came along (with a nice little raise) and he grabbed for it!! I'm happy for him. For us. :) Happiest to be staying tucked nicely in my little town of Franklin really.
I've grown very attached to Indiana. Didn't realize how much until moving was presented as an option. While I'm not crazy about the flatness of it all. I do love the rolling corn fields (not kidding) and I even love the crazy roar of the engines around race time!! (LOVE it). I love the people here and I really love the 4 seasons. (sorry Anchorage you lose on that one). I have LOTS of memories made here in Indy. I've lived here now for 10 years. Wow. I know LOTS of people within a 32 miles radius. Many that have changed my life for the better (not many for the worse...although I dated a few odd balls who will remain nameless). I know people on the North, East, South, and West sides. I know where the rich people live, where the poor people live, where is cool to eat, where the hicks hang out, where to shop, where to get the deals, where to avoid, where the detours are, where to get culture, where my kids will remember their childhood best, etc...I'm getting way too sappy. But I will admit, I love my city. Love it. Love it. I don't think you realize how much you love something until you almost say good-bye to it. But you know what? It's still just a place. And truly the place I love the most is where my 2 children and husband are. So alas, I would give up my dear Indy to be wherever they are. And I would be a-okay with that.
I will leave you with a cute pic of sis. She decided syrup looked better in her hair than on her eggo. Love this doll.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for the new job! Congrats! Change can be so hard--makes me grumpy! I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Jonathan worked for Cummins. My Dad has worked as an engineer for Cummins since graduating from college (35 yrs. now?!). We lived in Columbus until I was 8 and then Cummins transferred us to NY where my parents have lived ever since. Congratulations on the job change! I don't know what my Dad would ever do if he wasn't working on diesel engines. I think it's his lifeblood now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your thoughts on moving. I thought I would be thrilled to leave OH after being there 13 years. However, when it came time to leave I was devastated. WA is very cool but it is hard to start over.

    ReplyDelete