I never wanted a perfect house. Clean. But certainly not perfect. I have always pictured having a house with a messy refrigerator cluttered with invitations to weddings and birthdays, friend's kid's photos, magnets showing where we have been, and art that my children have made. I pictured toys and art supplies lined up or even out on the floor waiting to be played by sweet little children who's imaginations are bigger than we even know. Puppets waiting in the wings of a stage that is made of an old quilt and two chairs. I pictured yummy treats waiting on the counter to be enjoyed after supper. I pictured LOTS of books from the library just waiting to be read. So many things I pictured for myself. And the fact of the matter is, I am living my dream. My picture is my reality.
Thank you Heavenly Father for giving me the desires of my heart.
Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart
You are a blessed woman!
ReplyDeleteThere's something you said in one of your blogs that has stuck with me for a while now.. sometimes about your house being CLEAN even if it isn't necessarily picked up. And I love that. We have children, we want our house to be a home-- not a museum. And I had that same thought this week about living my dream. We are so blessed. :D
ReplyDelete