#1 Bed Skirt for Twin Bed
Jonathan made Caleb's bed and I hadn't purchased any bedding for it. I had a simple blue comforter which will do for now, but the bed really needed a dust ruffle...badly. So I purchased the red material for about $10 at Joann's. (I had plenty leftover to make some future throw pillows). The flowery material you see are scraps I had leftover from another project. I first sewed darts/pleats in the red material and then attached the flowery home decor fabric to it. That is the part that is pushed under the bed so the dust ruffle stays up. :-) Genius, eh?
#2 Toy Bag
This afternoon I still had a little time where both the kiddos were still asleep, so I pawed through my scrap bag to see what I could find. I found some material from Jon's old jeans were in there and I had some red from the dust ruffle, so I decided to make a bag. At first it was going to be a purse for 4th of July, but I changed my mind since I rarely carry bags anymore, due to the diaper bag always being a fixture. So when I finished I simply added the patch I had lying around and told Caleb he could carry his toys in it. :-) He seemed to like that idea.
This afternoon I still had a little time where both the kiddos were still asleep, so I pawed through my scrap bag to see what I could find. I found some material from Jon's old jeans were in there and I had some red from the dust ruffle, so I decided to make a bag. At first it was going to be a purse for 4th of July, but I changed my mind since I rarely carry bags anymore, due to the diaper bag always being a fixture. So when I finished I simply added the patch I had lying around and told Caleb he could carry his toys in it. :-) He seemed to like that idea.
#3 Activity Tray for Travel
So, I really wanted one of those fancy trays that kids can play on while traveling. But I didn't want to cough up the cash for one....so...I bought the magnetic/white board at Wal-mart for $5.86...and I already had the fabric, so I just sewed up some simple pockets and hot glued them on. This is my handsome son modeling his activity tray! The nice part is that I can bring magnets and he can draw with dry erase markers all he wants!!
Aren't you the clever one?
ReplyDeleteWow...all I can say is where do you find the time? I can't even find time to even go upstairs! I guess it helps with naps! Everything is so creative and original!
ReplyDeleteImpressive, as always! Wish you could come over and teach me to sew, too! Caleb and Katelyn and blessed to have such a crafty, thrifty momma! :)
ReplyDeleteShelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy moley I am so impressed...look at you overachiever. If I have inspired you in anyway I am humbled. I so want to make that car tray thingy...awesome.
ReplyDeleteOoops spelled your name wrong...Shelley...that will make up for you spelling mine wrong...hee hee
ReplyDelete