Friday, January 9, 2009

What do I do with my preschooler?

I'm trying to get more creative when playing with Caleb. He's not crazy about sitting still for long periods of time and details really matter little to him. I'm tired of playing trains and reading (we do it all the time!), so I'm having to think a little more outside the box and sneak in some education as well. I decided today to use some scraps of fabric to create some simple bean bags. It was neat b/c Caleb was interested in helping me put the beans in the bag before I sewed them up. Cool! We had lots of fun tossing them into a big bowl and balancing them on different parts of our body! If you have any other simple/fun ideas to do with rambunctious 2 year old boys, send them my way!

Here's a HUGE ALERT for you sewers/crafters out there in the Indianapolis area. I just received the Jo-Ann's sales ad for the upcoming week and all their Simplicity patterns with be on sale for .99 cents! The McCall's will be on sale for $1.99. Now is the time to stock up. These are generally 40% off making them around $7. So this is DEFINITELY a huge deal! I'll be there Sunday afternoon when the sale starts! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Savannah has been into making tents. She also loves to play with plastic cups, we stack them, hide objects in them, played telephone with them. We also play with rice and measuring cups. At night her and David play hide n seek and she loves it. She loves to put hangers on sweatshirts when I do the laundry, I also let her match the socks. We keep all boxes and she stacks them like blocks or puts her toys in them. We both make animals out of play doh, if we make a bird we make eggs and a nest etc. I don't know if Caleb would like any of these activities? We always work on big and small and simple shapes just in everyday activity. We also have a pillowcase and I would put items in it and she will feel the items and let me know if they are soft, hard, fuzzy, etc. She now likes to name the objects.

    Commenting on your question:
    I think every parent should register for gifts for a new baby. I think every new baby needs a baby shower. Also birth announcements is another good way to let people know where you are registered. I think with a second child registering will help because people will know what you need with the first child you needed everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cara! Especially since you are having a GIRL this time...no hand-me-downs from Caleb will do! :) You definitely need another shower, and I like the idea of writing where you're registered on birth announcements, too.

    ReplyDelete