Monday, January 26, 2009

I feel like I just quit smoking...

Okay, I've never smoked a cigarette my entire life. But I understand the addiction feeling. I've known for quite sometime that Caleb and the almighty pacifier would eventually have to say farewell to one another. I also knew the only way (for both of us) would be to go 'cold turkey'. So this afternoon we went through the house and collected all of the known paci's. We used scissors to cut off all the nipples (Caleb actually loved that part!). Then he mercilessly threw them in the trash can. He enjoyed every moment of it! We'll see what he has to say when I go to put him to sleep tonight!! Pray for me people. When I say we got rid of them all, I mean all. If I had even one in the house I would go for it (like a cigarette in a moment of weakness).

So, if you see someone appearing undercover in the paci aisle at Wal-mart...it could be me attempting to buy one without my husband knowing...you think I'm kidding...hold me accountable people.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Shelley! (And Caleb!) You never know, that may just be the end of it. My daughter bit a hole in her's (she was about 18 months) and I told her it was broken and we were all done... that was the last we ever heard about the binky. : ) Praying that your adventure goes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harmon went to bed one night and the paci fairy came and took all his pacifiers to give to little kids who needed them. Because he was now a big boy he didn't need them.
    Now if I could only find a solution that easy for Hayden's thumb sucking problem.
    Good luck Caleb and Shelley may it be a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats the best way to quit something with the kids, cold-turkey. Dont give in!!! It might take a couple days but it will get better! I quit breastfeeding both my girls who were MORE than attached to it cold-turkey. Same with Daniel who LOVED his bottle. Keep strong and it will be something of the past VERY soon! :)

    ReplyDelete